Generally, 25 doctoral students can participate per course.
Preference will be given to doctoral students students in Economics from participating Bavarian universities Augsburg, Bamberg, Bayreuth, Eichstätt-Ingolstadt, Erlangen-Nürnberg, LMU Munich (for particular courses), Passau, Regensburg, TU Munich, and Würzburg.
- The BGPE covers their course fee incl. costs of meals (no drinks), and accommodation in double rooms.
- The BGPE does not cover any travel expenses.
- The students are expected to take part in the final exam after the course.
Students from other, in particular non-Bavarian, Ph.D. programs (externals) can also participate if the course is not fully booked and if they pay a fee of 1,500 Euro per person in advance.
- The fee covers the course itself, accommodation in a double room, three meals a day (no drinks), the option to take the exam, and a BGPE course certificate if the exam is passed. The character of the course follows BGPE standards and may differ between courses.
- The fee to be paid by externals must be transferred prior to the course after contacting the BGPE administration. Course admission is only granted after receipt of payment.
Please note that a course application implies the commitment to participate when accepted. If course participation is cancelled after acceptance, future reapplications will be treated subordinately.
Note: Presence for the entire course period is also expected for online courses. Not attending the whole course may result in non-admission to the exam.
The application period for a particular course usually starts about two months before the course and will be announced via the BGPE newsletter and on the BGPE homepage.
To apply, you have to fill out an online sheet provided on the particular course page as soon as the application is open.
Our BGPE Newsletter provides information about the upcoming BGPE courses, workshops, and other events per email. Send an E-Mail here to sign up now!